St. Matthews United Methodist Church - Business Administrator (part-time) Posted on Nov. 20, 2019
St. Matthew’s is looking for a candidate with past church business administration experience including some accounting knowledge and proficiency with QuickBooks accounting system.
Please send resume to Pastor Virginia Wall @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Westbury UMC - Bookkeeper (part-time) Posted on August 5, 2020
The Bookkeeper is a part time position and is responsible for managing church finances and financial business processes. This includes processing weekly offerings and other forms of income, and bill payment as well as oversight of purchasing, expense reimbursement, check request, and payroll processes.
Essential Job Functions
1. Receive, count, enter, and deposit weekly tithes and offerings received via weekend services, mail, online, stock transfer, etc.
2. Receive, review, record, and pay bills and other expenses as directed.
3. Plan for upcoming expenses and manage cash flow as required to meet the operational needs of the church.
4. Establish and manage purchasing, expense reimbursement, check request, and other financial business processes.
5. Manage payroll for church and school staff ensuring funds are transferred and payroll data is entered each pay period.
6. Establish and manage bank accounts as the church’s business needs dictate.
7. Produce and distribute quarterly and annual general fund giving statements.
8. Assist in developing an annual financial budget with Resource Committee and Senior Pastor.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience as an accounting/finance person. The successful individual will also possess a working knowledge of Shelby (or other similar software applications). Microsoft Office (including Excel), general accounting principles and other related applications.
Please send resumes to Steve Ewing, .
Westbury UMC - Facility Manager (full-time) Posted on August 13, 2020
The Facilities Manager is a full-time position that will oversee all building-related activities. They will be responsible for preserving the condition of infrastructure and ensure that facilities are safe and well-functioning. The ideal candidate will be well-organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs.
Essential Job Functions
1. Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments.
2. Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards.
3. Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations and maintenance, project manager for renovations and major repairs.
4. Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs.
5. Supervise all facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers, etc.) and external contractors.
6. Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
7. Handle insurance plans and service contracts.
8. Perform analysis and forecasting.
9. Building scheduling – calendar, rooms, air and contact for outside groups.
The successful individual will possess proven experience as a facility manager or relevant position. Well versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices. Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and leadership skills with good and analytical/critical thinking.
Please send resumes to i.
National NACBA Job Search Center - Click Here
Submit a Job Opening
When submitting a job opening please include the following:
"Job Opening" in the subject line, your name, and your e-mail so we may contact you with any additional information needed
Full job title and church name
A brief description of the qualifications and responsibilities of position
Method of contact (email address or phone number) and name of contact person
Links to any website that may have additional information on position
Job postings will remain active for 90 days unless you notify us earlier to delete or extend
Please note that we reserve the right to edit the information sent for content and length.